Family & Child Support Policy
Key Policies on Family Court and Child Support Reformation
These key policies reflect the Australian Christians Party’s commitment to a Family Court and Child Support Agency that are both just and fair. We aim to bring reform that respects the dignity of each individual, upholds the law, and most importantly, prioritises the well-being of children involved.
1. Elimination of Gender Bias
- Objective: Ensure that each child has equitable access to both parents.
- Action: Align court decisions with Articles 3 and 18 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, particularly when domestic violence is not a factor.
2. Transparency in Legal Proceedings
- Objective: Make the Family Court more accountable.
- Action: Require Family Court judges to provide written explanations for decisions, especially those that significantly reduce shared parenting time.
3. Equal Access to Legal Aid
- Objective: Establish a level playing field for both spouses in court.
- Action: Implement a fair eligibility test for Legal Aid, ensuring both parties can defend their interests adequately.
4. Rigorous Testing of Assumptions
- Objective: Eliminate preconceptions and biases in court judgments.
- Action: Mandate that any assumptions or presumptions made in court judgments undergo rigorous testing for validity.
5. Application of Perjury Laws
- Objective: Raise the Family Court to the ethical standards of other legal jurisdictions.
- Action: Apply perjury laws in Family Court, aligning it with Article 12 of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
6. Transparency in Psychological Reports
- Objective: Ensure psychological assessments are free from bias.
- Action: Subject court-appointed psychologists’ reports to annual audits by external psychologists.
7. Giving Weight to the Child’s Opinion
- Objective: Involve children in decisions that affect their lives.
- Action: In cases where the child is old enough to express their feelings, their opinion should be considered in custody matters, aligning with Article 12 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
8. Affordable Appeals Process
- Objective: Make the appeals process more accessible.
- Action: Reduce the cost and extend the time limitations for appeals to ensure that parties can adequately prepare and present their cases.
Take Immediate Action: Be the Change
If you align with these policies, we invite you to join us in implementing these crucial reforms. Together, we can create a system that truly serves the best interests of Australian families.
Australia’s Family Court and Child Support Agency have long been subjects of heated debate. While the importance of these institutions in upholding family values and ensuring the welfare of children is uncontested, their effectiveness and fairness are often called into question. The Australian Christians Party places utmost importance on truth, fairness, and justice as core principles that should guide all relationships and institutions, including the Family Court and Child Support Agency.
A Journey Through History
The search for justice is not a modern-day concern; it has been woven into the fabric of human history. From the time of Hammurabi’s legal code to Plato’s philosophical declarations, from Cicero’s theory of natural law to the globally acknowledged Golden Rule of Jesus Christ, the quest for justice has been universal. These principles resonate with the Charter of Universal Rights, which asserts that all human beings should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
The Shared Parenting Council of Australia: An Ally in Reform
The Australian Christians Party generally aligns its views with the Shared Parenting Council of Australia. This speaks volumes about our commitment to equal parenting responsibilities and rights, which is a cornerstone of a balanced family life and, by extension, a just society.
Alarming Statistics Demand Immediate Reform
While precise statistics are hard to come by, informal data suggests an urgent need for reform. It’s estimated that over 70 Australians, including distressed fathers, mothers, and even children under 18, commit suicide every week due to trauma suffered through these Australian Government agencies. These numbers are not just alarming; they are unacceptable.
Gender Bias: A Violation of Human Rights
The disproportionate ratio of male to female suicides indicates a possible gender bias in the Family Court’s decisions. If this is true, the Court could be in violation of Articles 7 and 16 of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Reform is not an option; it’s a necessity.
A Multi-Pronged Approach to Reform
The Australian Christians Party has laid out a series of recommendations
- Elimination of Gender Bias: Each child has the right to both parents. Decisions should be made in accordance with the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- Equal Access to Legal Aid: Both spouses should have equal access to Legal Aid based on a fair eligibility test.
- Stringent Testing of Assumptions: Any assumptions or presumptions made during judgments need to be rigorously tested.
- Application of Perjury Laws: The Family Court should be held to the same legal standards as other courts.
- Transparency in Psychological Reports: These reports must be audited annually to ensure an absence of bias and conflict of interest.
- The Child’s Opinion: A child old enough to express their feelings should have their opinions considered in custody matters.
- Affordable Appeals: The cost and time involved in the appeals process need to be revised to make it more accessible.
A United Call for Reform
Australia is a signatory to several international human rights conventions. It’s high time our Family Court and Child Support Agency reflect the values we commit to on the global stage. The Australian Christians Party advocates for a system that is rooted in fairness, embodies justice, and respects the dignity of every individual involved.
Take Action Now: Support the Reform
Join the Australian Christians Party in this crusade for justice and fairness. Your support can make a world of difference. Visit our website to find out how you can be part of this important cause.
This is more than a policy; it’s a movement. It’s not just about changing laws; it’s about saving lives.
EVERY DOLLAR COUNTS
Please help us protect and advance Christian values, freedoms and principles in our Australian Government.